- High School Diploma or equivalent.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Is a seasoned professional (five years beyond apprenticeship or equivalent) who is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to the University community.
- Possesses a friendly, positive attitude with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Has the skills to handle any carpentry related issues in order to complete a given project. This extends from the planning stages to testing and checkout inspection.
- Can quickly interpret blueprints/layouts, develop material lists and perform any mathematical calculations needed.
- Has a working knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Has basic computer literacy and the ability to work with computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) to receive work orders and provide documentation.
- Is able to work proficiently with all types of hand and power tools, such as saws, planers, joiners, shapers, routers, nail guns, laser levels, etc.
- Handle investigations of difficult work problems, is able to evaluate alternative solutions and make sound recommendations to supervisory team.
- Is a self-starter who can identify and take on difficult tasks effectively.
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Is able to meet the physical demands of the job as set forth below.
The following are the physical capabilities needed to perform the essential duties of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Stand or walk up to two hours at one time throughout a six to eight workday.
- Sit for less than two hours during an eight hour workday.
- Operate a motor vehicle or heavy equipment (such as a fork lift or high reach) occasionally (less the 33% of the work day).
- Lift up to 50 pounds in a full range of motions from floor to overhead and lift up to 100 pounds to waist height.
- Use hands for simple grasping, pushing or pulling frequently (34 to 66% of the workday).
- Bend, squat, kneel, lie down, crawl, knee stand, dig, use hammer drills, push or pull with forces up to 100 pounds occasionally (up to 33% of the workday).
- Work outdoors in a variety of temperatures and environmental conditions.
- Possess ability to work at heights, with physical agility and a full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
- Passes a hearing test at start and completion of employment
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. Your candidate dashboard may not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW